October 2nd, 2017
Apple Pie Contest at the Kelowna Farmers Market
So, you think you make the best Apple Pie? Or maybe your Mom or Sister does… Here is your chance to show off your/their skills…
Be part of the Kelowna Farmers Market Apple Daze 1st Annual Apple Pie Contest, Saturday October 21st.
Pies will be judged by our Celebrity Panel and of course Farmer Bob.
Entries are limited to only 10 participants, so get your entry in early
1st Place Winner will receive a Blue Ribbon, 100.00 dollars in Market Bucks, Market Bag and a case of Local Grown Apples from our Market.
2nd Place Winner will receive a Red Ribbon, 50.00 dollars in Market Bucks, Market Bag and a case of Local Grown Apples from our Market.
3rd Place Winner will receive a Yellow Ribbon, 20.00 dollars in Market Bucks, Market Bag and a case of Local Grown apples from our Market.
All other Participants will receive a Participant Ribbon, Market Bag and a bag of Local Grown Apples.
- No store-bought pastry or fillings. Pies must only be using local BC Apples, stating which type of apples were used
- Your recipe may be your own creation or a favorite of your family
- Give your recipe a name – be creative
- Include 2 labels with your name and phone number
- Include list of ingredients for judging purposes only
- Use an Aluminum 9” Pie Plate
- Let us know if you would like us to publish your recipe on our Website.
Pies will be judged based on the following:
50% Taste – 25% Appearance – 25% Creativity
Please pre-register by filling out this form. Return it to the info booth or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must be submitted by October 18th.
Pies are to be dropped off at the Kelowna Framers Market by 9:30 Saturday October 21st. Judging will take place between 10:30 – 11:00 am on the 21st. Winners will be announced after the judging and Ribbons and Prizes will be awarded then. Winners agree to have their Photo taken to be used only on The Kelowna Farmers Market Social Media.
Any questions or concerns please contact Frances Callaghan, Market Coordinator at 778-215-4498.